Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My work Test

Ok so when I started working for Publix my goal was always to make it into management at somepoint, Publix is the type of company that once you get your foot in the door and make your way up the ladder, if you stick with it you can retire quite well off. Well today I took my first major step toward being promoted to Assistant Customer Service Manager. Once you express your interest in management you have to take an assement test. The test consists of three parts a video portion, skills assesment and Department knowledge. The video portion was fairly straighforward you are presented with customer situations and then you have to answer how you would handle different aspects of the situation...the only problem I had with this portion was to figure out exactly the right answers. They will give you 8 or so answers and you are supposed to pick the 3 or 4 best ones...the problem was they all applied to the situation so you had to try and determine the exact ones they wanted and that was a little tricky, as for the skills assesment I felt pretty comfy with this portion my boss gave me some advice basically she said answer as though you are the best, you think you are the best and everyone else thinks you are the best. So thats how I answered those. Finally was the knowledge portion...I feel really good about this one there were only a couple questions that I wasnt sure on overall I think I knew just about everything and knew it well. Hopefully my results will reflect my feelings coming out of the test. I think getting promoted will really help Sam and I accomplish the goals we want to in the next year...mainly getting into a house so we actually have room for all the STUFF we have seemed to accumulate.

No comments: