Monday, December 10, 2007

Follow Up On Poker

Just a quickie to follow up on my earlier post on my poker playing. I have been playing somewhat regularly and have found that I have become rather good at playing survival poker. I think the problem alot of players face is that when they get shortstacked they become hyper aggresive thinking that they have to double up or else there done. If you can survive a couple rounds of blinds there is no reason to go nuts. The last few tournys I have played where I have become shortstacked I have just waited on good cards and then made my move and its been paying off. So my poker tip for the day is dont freak out when you become shortstacked just try to surf it out until the good cards come and then make your move. On a side note I have been getting creamed on bad beats latley tonight for instance I played 4 tournys 3 45 person sit and go's and a giant Freeroll in all four tournys I got knocked out by having the best hand and getting out drawn. The worst one came in the last tourny I played I actually played survival poker all tourny long and managed to make it to the final table then with 7 players left I had about 2500 chips blinds were at 200/400 with a 25 ante...I hit pocket Qs and made a 1200 dollar raise pre flop...flop came 6-4-2 with 2 diamonds it was heads up with the chip leader who had about 24000 in chips he comes out and puts me all in after the flop I am thinking he is on a draw maybe A K of diamonds or some other draw type hand since I made a somewhat large preflop raise so I go ahead and call....He freakin flips over 6-2...dude had the nerve to call a 1200 dollar raise with 6-2 off suit...Dont know how he had somemany chips making plays like that but I guess you can make a crazy ass call when you have so many chips oh well!!

No comments: