Thursday, July 15, 2010

The MAME Cabinet Project--The Begining

So if you watched the "epic pick up" video you see I finally have a cab to turn into my MAME Machine, This is something I have been wanting to do for quite sometime now and looks like I am finally getting the chance, The first thing I did once bringing it home was open up the back panel and the control panel to see what we are dealing with

Underneath the control panel


The back panel removed

So as you can see the back panel is pretty much just the monitor and what appears to be a power strip that everything plugs into, and under the control panel is the actual board running the Golden Tee software and that has everything wired into it, Luckily it appears that the trackball will be useable with the arcade controls wich will save me about 100 bucks right off the bat. I will probably use a new piece of wood and cut it to the same size for my control panel as I dont really see a way of salvaging the piece currently there. Now I just need to decide what kind of theme I want the maching to have I am kicking around a few different ideas just need to figure out what will make the best looking machine. I went ahead and frankenstiened another monitor into the cab tonight just to see if it actually was working and it is so Now I may keep the Golden Tee card in there or maybe sell it to recoup some expenses since MAME will be able to run Golden Tee anyway. Next project is getting the garage organized so I have somewhere to work on the thing....LOL

No comments: