Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Starting the House Hunt...

Well Sam and I have finally decided to truly start looking for a house, neither one of us can take the apartment anymore, from the noisy neighbors to the lack of room it just no longer suits us. Unfortunately neither one of us really has a clue as to what we are doing, I feel slightly overwhelmed. We would love to get into a brand new home but not sure if we can afford it or not. There is a subdivision called Bridgetown a little north of us that we had looked at previously and really liked some of the floor plans they have and it is reasonable as far as price goes so we are going to try and go this weekend and look again, and actually sit down with them and see if we can work it out. If that doesn't work out I think we may need to find an agent to help us out. At first I didn't want to go the agent route thinking that we would have to hire them and it would cost us more that way. However since the market is so horrible right now, the majority of agents will offer their services free to the buyer, its like they are so excited about actually having a buyer they will go out of their way to help you. I actually had one call me already about a listing that I had emailed about, I kind of want to get a better idea of exactly what we want and see if the Bridgetown thing works out before I give them a call back. I am excited and nervous at the same time, I know we will find something that we like and hopefully the process goes smoothly and we can finally have a house to call our home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You too eh? We're getting into that phase ourselves, especially since we can't have a baby here at dad's house. At least there are decent and semi-affordable houses there. It's hard to find something in SLC.